Dear BWAFP members,
November 17th 2014 is election day for new officers of the Bronx-Westchester Academy of Family Physicians. I am pleased to announce that after much deliberation, the following members have accepted the nomination to run for officers of our Academy. We are very proud of the work of the outgoing board of directors, which set the stage for this very capable and dedicated team to stand for office. Even though none of the positions are contested, I request you still cast your vote for or against members of the slate below, and to please do so within 24 hours of this message being posted on the BWAFP website. We’ve also decided to recruit a resident and alternate resident from each of the 4 residencies in the Bronx and Westchester, as well as a medical student and alternate student from each of the two medical schools. Unlike the attending positions, which last two years, the resident and student positions are for one year.
President: Doug Reich, MD, Chair of Family Medicine, Bronx-Lebanon Hospital, Bronx
- Vice President: Sonia Velez, MD, Program Director, NYMC FMRP at St Joseph’s, Yonkers
- Treasurer: Bob Morrow, MD, Associate Professor of Family Medicine, Albert Einstein College of Medicine, and private practitioner, Bronx
- Secretary: Daren Wu, MD, Chief Medical Officer, Open Door Family Medical Centers, Ossining
- Immediate Past President: Sudhir Vaidya, Attending at Burke Rehabilitation Hospital and Clinical Associate Professor of Family Medicine, New York Medical College
- Member at large: Shantie Harkisoon, MD, Program Director, NYMC Phelps FMRP, Sleepy Hollow
- Member at Large: Jose Tiburcio, MD, Program Director, Bronx-Lebanon FMRP, Bronx
- Member at Large: Anna Flatteau, MD Clinician and part-time faculty member, Montefiore, Bronx
- Member at Large: Russell Perry, MD, Vice Chair, Dept of Family Medicine, Bronx-Lebanon
You can vote by simply commenting in the section below or email BWAFP at email@example.com.
If you have any questions, do not hesitate to call me. Thanks very much.
Montgomery Douglas, MD
Chair, BWAFP Nominating Committee
Associate Professor and Chair
Dept of Family and Community Medicine
New York Medical College